Friday, September 6, 2013

Poem, "Acceptance"

Please appreciate the following poem.
"You ought to see there is
No certainty,
Nothing absolute,
Nature continues,
regardless,
no matter what.
It can be exhilarating,
Sheer joy, ecstasy,
Magic moments,
Unexpected inspiration, 
But then it can be unjust,
so badly unfair,
beyond understanding,
but who am I to judge?
Nature continues regardless.
The pain of my fears leads to
the comfort of my acceptance,
to let go,
relinquish control,
unattached, free,
flowing with the tides of life,
for then true peace comes from within,
My determination and courage,
winning through
And so I surrender,
working with the force,
embracing it, gaining strength,
for I know in darkness,
inner peace can grow,
I see that now
nature continues in its own way,
not mine."
"Acceptance" by Druid Poet, "Star"

No comments:

Post a Comment